My Life in Rubber Boots

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wake Me Up When September Ends

No I am not going to break out in song (this time), this title is true to me now because September is not my favorite month. September is not my favorite because of one word "school." Ahh!! School, the building where my worst nightmares have come true! I will spare you the details of my nightmares because they are not really all that scary. Well ok here is an example of a worst nightmare: Teacher brings in the TV for us to watch a movie and I start thinking "Hot Dog we are going to watch a great movie!" but no it is not the lastest blockbuster movie, but something called a "educational video." AHHHHH! NOOOO! ANYTHING But That! Let me give you a break down of the movie/video world: a movie is at least two hours long and will take up most of the school day to watch, and a video is at the most twenty-five minutes and it is usually about how most of our ancestors have wrecked the lives of many people to gain beaver pelts and a train track. In my life now is not the historical video but the early educator video. Yesterday I saw the beloved television and suddenly my heart skipped a beat and I had a tight feeling in my chest. I dared to dream that we were going to watch a movie but sadly we did not. Instead we watched a video about a school in Italy and how children learn in a certain community. The high point in the video was when a child, overcome with excitement, picked up a chair and started to wave it around in the air. (Wow those Italians know how to have a good time!)
Soon September will be over and October will begin and with it candy will come! So until next time, chow (learned that word from the video)
Valerie

3 Comments:

  • No more school for me!!! except I hang out at MCC all the time... i am a loser

    By Blogger Ben, at 2:11 PM  

  • I have tried to wake you up before and believe me it's not an easy task.

    By Blogger Laura, at 10:55 PM  

  • so you are not a morning person eh...me either

    By Blogger Lisa, at 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home