My Life in Rubber Boots

Monday, April 16, 2007

Introduction Manners


The following is from my favorite manners book which is: "The Family Book of Manners" by Hermine Hartley and illustrated by Al Hartley.
"Sometimes we will meet someone we haven't seen for a long time. We may not remember them, and they may not remember us. This could be an awkward situation.
When this happens, we just say,
"Hello, I'm Jane Brown. It's nice to see you again." It's best not to say, "Remember me?" If they don't remember us, our question would place them in an embarrassing position.
Good manners are always considerate
They release tension"
So with this in mind: Hello, I am Valerie Osborne. It's nice to 'see' you again!"
Don't you feel better, I feel the tension floating away ahhhh.... Until next time my friend(s).

8 Comments:

  • If people did this it would make my live a lot easier Vella... D'I mean Valerie.

    By Blogger Spiderdan, at 9:27 AM  

  • Valerie tells good jokes. . .I wonder what Valerie is doing on the weekend. . Valerie really likes ice cream. . .SO FUNNY LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 PM  

  • Valerie, I'm going back to Ontario for 4 months, please don't forget me!
    Although, whether or not you forget me, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a way of making any situation awkward anyway :)

    By Blogger Katherine Karen, at 10:10 PM  

  • LOL!
    I will miss Valerie while in Ontario

    By Blogger Samara Ashley, at 11:35 PM  

  • The book is highly used among Home schoolers. Um are you suggesting we adults could use it too ;-)

    Stumbled here today.
    God bless

    By Blogger Andy Rayner, at 12:21 PM  

  • Hi Valerie this is Darrell, thats funny!... manners lol who invented those. Just kidding!

    By Blogger Darrell, at 2:13 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger V, at 8:14 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home