My Life in Rubber Boots

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Memory

Memories are funny things, funny because of what triggers them. For example every time I use my hair dryer I remember the time one summer day when I was using my hair dryer and my Mother knocked on the bathroom door. I thought she was going to tell me that I needed to hurry up and get out of the bathroom, but instead she was telling me that my grandfather (Gramps) had just died. It still hurts now to write this down and share with you all, but it is something I have to write down. So because of this simple sentence my life was changed, changed because I would never again hear my Gramps sing songs to me or take me for a drive in the truck to get the ice cream he had just called the restaurant for on the phone. The good thing that comes from this story is that I have another memory, the memory that I will see my Gramps again.
 I just have a short blog this time because I like short stories! Next blog will be different it may be longer :) 
Until next time
Valerie

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Val, at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home